It's MY blog and I'll brag if I want to!!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

What is wrong with these people?!

So here is a little bit of a vent post. Bare with me. As you all probably know, Tyson and I are renting our house here in Las Vegas through a property management company. The owner lives in Hawaii, I have never met her but have spoke with her and she is very nice. Anyway, I received a phone call yesterday from Rony, the owner of our house, and she said she is suspicious of her management company because they have not paid her any of the rent money we've given since we have lived here. My jaw hit the floor and I was immediately VERY angry with the company. She was so sweet and I told her that Tyson had looked her up at the jail and she was recently arrested for Felony theft and check fraud. great..... I could not believe she had been pocketing all of our rent money since we've lived here. Rony said that she will have to short sell our house (well, her house) I was devastated because we LOVE this house and this neighborhood and Kai loves his school. So, I don't really know if I am suppose to call the police on her or if the owner needs to take care of it or what. I have all of our receipts so I am not worried about that, but I just hope we can work something out. We've been through ALOT of financial things this last year and I feel like we were finally on top ofthings and I am so bummed because it feels like if its not one thing its another!! The realtor for the owner is coming over tonight to talk to us and see what our options are. I really hope we can stay by some divine intervention. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

That is so crazy! It's hard to come up with deposits and first and last rent, I am so sorry! Good luck! You're in our prayers!

Kim said...

OMG, that is horrible! It happens more often than you would think. So, do you know how much she wants to sell it for? What is the prop address again? I can look into it at work and see if we service it and I can check around with a few friends at other servicers to check with them too. I also want to run a quick zillow check on it. Who knows, maybe we would be interested in buying as a rental.

valpal said...

If you have all four receits and you have a one year lease I don't know how they can kick you out before that. Good luck with everything.

Ashleigh said...

That is so awful! I hope it all works out for you guys!